Consider SureSmile Clear Aligners for a Straighter Smile
Straightening a crooked smile is about more than appearances. It’s important to realise that misaligned teeth are more prone to gum disease and cavities. This can lead to other oral health issues, too. When you have orthodontic problems, it may also impact other parts of your mouth. Teeth, lips, tongues and cheeks all work together to make smiles beautiful and speech clear. If your teeth are misaligned, it can affect you in other, less obvious, ways. When teeth are crooked, patients who wish to avoid years of metal braces are often pleased to hear that other options are available. Faster and more aesthetic options include SureSmile aligners.
Introducing SureSmile Aligners
Perhaps you’ve heard about clear Invisalign for misaligned smiles. Now, we introduce SureSmile clear aligners. SureSmile is an effective alternative to metal braces. The aligners are another excellent alternative for a straighter smile.
SureSmile uses elemetrix technology to create a 3D model of your teeth. Your orthodontist uses advanced computer software to design your new smile. Your set-up is sent to a lab where your aligners are created and printed with a 3D printer. Each and every aligner is custom-made to fit your teeth and move them gradually into a straighter position.
Just as with braces, these clear aligners use gradual force to shift your teeth into place. The good news is that you just don’t have to worry about metal brackets and wires during treatment. The clear aligners are made with a solid plastic material and designed to fit your unique mouth. Each aligner is a little different, so every time you switch aligners, your teeth shift a little more.
Wear your SureSmile aligners for about 20 hours each day; just as you would Invisalign. You’ll wear the aligners for a week or two at a time before moving to the next set. The length of treatment depends on your unique case and usually takes from six months to two years. In some complex cases, SureSmile aligners can also be used in conjunction with metal braces to correct your smile.
How Does SureSmile Work?
So, how exactly does SureSmile work?
Let’s take a look at the process:
The First Step – Advanced Orthodontic Imaging
The first step in the SureSmile process is when your orthodontic office creates a 3D computer model of your bite with the help of advanced imaging technology. This is the start of your SureSmile treatment.
The Second Step – Planning Prescriptive Treatment
Once your orthodontist has created the 3D model of your teeth, they will see how your teeth fit together from a range of angles. following this, the SureSmile treatment planning software makes use of virtual simulation tools. The tools enable your orthodontist to figure out the final position of your teeth so he or she can then determine an effective plan for your needs.
The software allows the orthodontists to plan the position of each of your teeth, so you will know exactly what to expect at the end of your treatment.
The Third Step – Robotics
Once your orthodontist has laid out your treatment plan, the SureSmile technology makes a series of aligners according to your prescription. The aim of the aligners is to deliver gentle forces to move your teeth consistently and directly to the desired end position.
Combination vs. Stand-Alone Therapy
Orthodontists can combine SureSmile clear aligners with traditional metal braces for faster results. When appropriate, patients can use the metal braces for about three months for one or both arches. This is usually effective in cases with large rotations or where patients require extrusion or intrusion of the back teeth.
Teeth tend to respond well to aligner therapy after a patient has had metal braces.
Why Should You Consider SureSmile Aligners?
Now you know what SureSmile clear aligners are, let’s take a look at the benefits of this treatment.
- Clinician controlled – the treatment planning tools allow your orthodontists to control your tooth movements and simulations. He or she can even create alternative treatment plans in real-time. Your dental professional can use the 3D models along with anatomical facial registration to create digital adjustments and ensure your completed result is a stunning, straight smile.
- Clinically powered – SureSmile software has been clinically proven for over 15 years. The software links Cone Beam Computed Tomography and facial photos with a 3D model. This helps create biologically achievable and predictable results.
- Almost invisible – thanks to the latest materials and superior aesthetics, the aligners are virtually invisible.
- Versatility – The software for this procedure allows orthodontists and dentists the flexibility to treat with either a single or hybrid treatment to meet your unique needs.
- Convenience – the cloud-based software makes it easy to access your case data.
- Cost effective – whether you have a hybrid or a standalone treatment, SureSmile provides flexible pricing to suit your needs. You can choose to have just an aligner treatment or aligner treatment in conjunction with metal braces. You can discuss the options with your dental professional.
Are SureSmile Aligners for You?
You and your orthodontist will determine if SureSmile aligners are the right treatment for you and your smile needs. Overall, the technologically advanced aligners aim to shift your smile into a desired position, in some cases faster than the traditional orthodontic treatments can make a difference. If needed you can combine your SureSmile treatment with a short course of braces.
If you’re interested in SureSmile treatment, schedule an appointment at Fine Orthodontics today to discuss your unique needs and related treatment options.