Dr Fine Explains How Invisalign Can Fix An Overbite
- Dr Fine often gets asked, will Invisalign Help with My Overbite?
- Yes. Invisalign is a contemporary option that will correct an overbite without metal bands and brackets, by using Invisalign clear plastic aligners.
- Invisalign treatment uses 3D digital technology to help straighten your teeth and correct your overbite
- The Invisalign laboratory fabricates a series of aligners
- The clear, soft plastic aligners are designed to gently shift teeth into their correct position
- The aligners are removable, which means no diet restrictions
- The aligners are updated every few weeks throughout the straightening process
- As teeth are gradually moving to their correct position, a new aligner continues the adjustment process
- The overbite slowly corrects, teeth are straightened
- When it comes to overbites, the Invisalign trays place gentle yet constant pressure on your teeth, working to move just a few teeth at a time to promote a better bite and overall better alignment
- Most overbites can be fully corrected with Invisalign. A small percentage of cases will require jaw surgery for full correction.
Invisalign can help correct your overbite and boost your confidence
An overbite is a common dental problem that orthodontists treat in children and adults. There are a number of treatment options for overbites. But, one that may surprise you is Invisalign. It’s discreet, comfortable, and highly effective.
What Causes Overbites?
Genetics tends to be the most common cause of overbites. Yet, an overbite can develop as a result of childhood oral habits like biting nails and sucking your thumb.
Once an overbite develops, it creates a range of new physical issues, some of which can make you self-conscious about your appearance, such as:
- Incorrect lip posture and function
- Worn tooth enamel
- The risk of damage to your front teeth
Why You Should Treat Your Overbite
Correcting your overbite isn’t just about aesthetics. Fixing an overbite can help prevent a range of dental and health issues from gum damage to speech impairments and even obstructive sleep apnoea.
Besides all that, treating your overbite will give you the self-confident smile you need to feel comfortable in your own skin.
So, just how can Invisalign help fix your overbite?
How Invisalign Can Correct Overbites
Many people consider Invisalign a miracle in terms of orthodontic treatments. The process offers all the incredible benefits of braces without the unattractive look of metal braces and cumbersome wires.
With Invisalign, you can still eat all your favourite foods, too.
Best of all, Invisalign can correct a wide range of orthodontic issues that metal braces can, including shifting teeth, spacing issues and crowding.
When it comes to overbites, the Invisalign trays place gentle yet constant pressure on your teeth, working to move just a few teeth at a time to promote a better bite and overall better alignment.
Invisalign works for patients with an overbite, relieving and eliminating bite issues you may have suffered with for years.
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
Knowing that your overbite condition is treatable will bring the boost of confidence you’ve been waiting for. Whether your goal is to improve your overall dental health or to give you the aesthetic appeal you’ve dreamed of, Invisalign may be your answer.
To determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign for your overbite, you should book an appointment with Fine Orthodontics today. Our team of experts will decide if your overbite problem will respond to Invisalign treatment.